Pages

Monday, June 4, 2012

June 4, 1862

2d Lieut. Elliot:
Diary:
     June 4-Wednesday
     Weather very warm and pleasant to day as usual I still on my back in Hospital.
     Got a letter from my mother and it was at least one bright spot in my sickness. Oh, how much pleasure it gives one to hear from home when thousands of miles away and impossible to hear from them.
     From my wife I have not heard for some little time but am waiting patiently for a letter and know it is not her fault. I have none often from her for she assures me that she writes every week at least and I must wait.

Corpl. B. B. Smith:
Diary:
     Wednesday 4
     A Fine day.  We went go out on picket
     Guard to day.  we go out about
     3 Miles into the woods and
     Stay 24 hours.  there is a report
     That lovett and an army of
     Rebels are out at Camp Moore.
     If they come here we will
     Be ready for them.  we found[?]
     Everything still out on pickett.

No comments:

Post a Comment