Pages

Sunday, June 3, 2012

June 3, 1862

2d Lieut. Elliot:
Diary:
     June 3-Tuesday
     Weather fine but very warm news is not much. at least not to me for lying here on my back it can’t not come to me and I cannot go out to find news.
     Mustard poultice on my bowels to remove the very intense pain. I find I am pretty sick but am in hopes that I shall soon get over it.
     Capt is not much better than I am but is so as to do some little duty am in hopes he will keep up at least until I get around for Whitcomb is now doing all the work and I fear he will not hold out long at that rate.

Corpl. B. B. Smith:
Diary:
     Tuesday, June 3, 1862.
     A fine day.  everything still except
     The drilling of the soldiers the citizens
     Appear quiet and well disposed.
     Nims battery came here sunday.
     Our regiment have enough
     With picket patrols & regimen-
     tal guard duty.  we all like here
     Very well.  i wrote to Mary &
     Lydia yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment